how to pay your rentPeople First Housing Association moved office on 18 October 2010. As part of the move process, we looked at making it easier for tenants to pay their rent. We now have several ways you can pay your rent:
- Bank Standing Order
- At the Post Office
- At other local shops
- At our Head Office
- Internet Banking
- By telephone
- By direct Housing Benefit
bank standing order
- Ask your housing officer for a blank standing order form
- Complete the form and send it to your bank
- Let us know you have set it up!
rent payment card
- Ask your housing officer for a rent payment card, which we will link to your rent account.
- Take your rent card into a payment outlet and pay your rent over the counter.
- You can pay at any Payzone outlet or Post Office. Click here to find your nearest outlet.
- Don't forget you can still pay at our head office!
- Log into your bank's payment facility
- Make your payment to: People First Housing Association
- Our sort code is: 09-07-20
- Our account number is: 06610536
- When prompted for your reference, simply add your rent account number.
- Call our office on (0161) 235 6904
- Tell us how much you would like to pay and read out your card details.
- The details are typed directly into the bank's web portal (we do not write your details down)
- Housing Benefit payments are usually made direct to People First.
- If you are on partial housing benefit – or if you have arrears – you will have to make up the shortfall using one of the payment methods above.
- If you need help completing the forms, please contact us so that we can help.
problems with debt?Millions of people across the UK struggle with debt every year and many don’t know where to turn for help. Increasingly, people are turning to loan sharks or debt management companies who charge hefty fees or high interest. There is an alternative!
National debt charity StepChange have been offering free, impartial debt advice for over 18 years. This expert debt and budgeting help is offered alongside a range of solutions such as a debt management plan. Get a tailored debt solution in 20 minutes, Debt Remedy, is a budget based advice tool.